Covid Chaos TOOxFOUR
- Real-time curancy conversion, puchase based on your location
- Worldwide shipping
- Eco-friendly packaging
- NFT Registered via The Fine Art Ledger's Ethereum blockchain
- Magazzino basso, 1 articolo rimasto
- Inventario in arrivo
From $2,800 to $12,800.00 USD
Hand painted limited edition mono-print on the finest cold press archival acid free press 100% cotton rag paper with hand torn edges. Each one is slightly different and is an original on its own. Painted in the Texas studio ending in 2021.
Oil, oil stick, military and industrial enamels on acid free 100% cotton rag paper.
- Painting Size: 100in" x 176in" (254cm x 447.04cm")
- Framed Size: 104in" x 180in" (264.16cm" x 457.2cm")
- Artist Proof/Original No 1: SOLD
- Edition of 15 prints (5 artist proofs, 15 works in the edition)
- Signed, dated and titled recto/verso
- NFT via registered via The Fine Art Ledger
- Certificate of authenticity
- Shipping extra
A total of 5 artists proofs and 15 hand painted giclée each original with their own characteristics is slight variations in color and brushstroke.
ABOUT "TAVARUA KAVA GHOSTS TWO x FOUR"
"TAVARUA KAVA GHOSTS" is “memories of the feelings” represented in vibrant color and intuitive brush strokes and is part of the “TAVARUA KAVA SERIES.” In Fiji and in other island cultures in the South Pacific, a Kava ceremony is a centuries old ritual carried out in just about every village you might have the opportunity to be invited to visit and participate in.
I was fortunate several times to present to Chief Druku Of Tavarua island a Kava offering. The kava ceremony focuses around the communal Kava tanoa (bowl). Guests sit in a circle around the bowl which is placed in front of Chief Druku. The ceremony commences with the actual production of the kava. The plant is pounded and the pulp placed into a cloth sack and mixed with water. The end result is a brownish colored liquid – the Kava gold. It is then strained and ready for drinking. Your host will offer kava as high tide (full cup) or low tide (half cup). When presented with the kava, clap once and yell ‘Bula!’ (Fijian for hello). Drink the kava in one gulp if possible, clap three more times and end with the word Maca – pronounced ‘Ma-tha’.Finally, once you have finished your kava, you will feel a delightful sense of serenity and calm, with a slight numbness around your mouth, lips and tongue. A kava ceremony is always fun and full of laughter and smiles. Is is a true indicator of Fijian culture. This is why Fijians often serve kava to settle an argument or to make peace between villagers.
View size options | Contact us for a custom size
Please note: This piece comes framed and is part of the work. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for framed work to ship. If you would like to expedite shipping for a framed item, please add the details to the notes field during checkout and we will contact you.
Robert Santoré has teamed up with The Fine Art Ledger.
Each print in this edition will come with an embedded NFC chip which is registered through the Fine Art Ledger's platform which tracks authenticity and the prints provenance
Shortly after purchase the buyer will receive a notification from Robert Santoré via the Fine Art Ledger transferring ownership of the print to the buyer.
In addition each print can be verified via advanced AI image recognition and also by holding any smart phone to the bottom right corner of the print. This will activate the tracking and display a unique secure URL displaying the art works registration, authenticity and provenance.
PLEASE NOTE: UNFRAMED PIECES ARE USUALLY SHIPPED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF ORDER. PLEASE ALLOW 3 TO 4 WEEKS FOR FRAMED WORK TO SHIP.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EXPEDITE SHIPPING FOR A FRAMED ITEM, PLEASE ADD THE DETAILS TO THE NOTES FIELD DURING CHECKOUT
• You will receive shipping notification via email and sms text with tracking information.
• All works are shipped flat in a cardboard portfolio or rolled in rectangular eco-friendly (included in shipping fee).
• We offer different shipping options: Fedex, DHL, USPS, UPS
• Shipping fees are calculated according to weight, volume of the purchase and the address of delivery.
• Shipping, customs duties and taxes are at the buyer's expense. From the time the artwork leaves the premises of the gallery, the buyer is liable for insurance of the work and third-party individuals. Shipping flat, including cardboard portfolio.
• Select applicable taxes option | shipping costs calculated at checkout.
• EU customers are subject to Belgian VAT.
• For customers outside the EU, local taxes and duty fees may apply and are at your expense.
• Taxes option (EU or non European Union) and shipping destination must match.